Frequently Asked Questions

About MUDs

What is a MUD?

A Municipal Utility District (MUD) is a political subdivision of the State of Texas authorized by the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (TCEQ) to provide water, sewage, drainage, and other utility-related services within the MUD boundaries.

How does a MUD work?

The publically elected Board of Directors manages and controls all of the affairs of the MUD subject to the continuing supervision of the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality. The Board establishes policies in the interest of its residents and utility customers. A MUD may adopt and enforce all necessary charges, fees, and taxes in order to provide district facilities and services.

What are MUD taxes?

Municipal Utility Districts are funded through bonds. Homeowners then pay off those bonds through MUD tax. As the debt decreases, MUD taxes may also decrease over time.

How do MUDs provide for parks or recreation facilities?

In addition to their common functions of water and wastewater service, MUDs can provide enhanced services for their residents like parks and recreation, deed restriction enforcement, and solid waste service. A MUD can provide for itself the recreational amenities that are approved by the Board of Directors and funded by the District.

Who manages a MUD?

MUDs are managed by a Board of Directors elected by property owners within the MUD.

Paying My Bill

How can I pay my bill?

Payments may be made online at Payments are accepted at the office at 1000 Old Mill Road (check, money order, or credit/debit card). You can also leave payments in the overnight drop box located to the right of the door at the Lakeline Oaks building (check or money order only).

Are there fees if I pay with a credit card?

A fee of 3% of your total bill is assessed if you pay with a credit or debit card, both online and in person. Fees also apply for automatic bank draft payments. There are no fees if you pay via check or money order.

When is my deposit refunded?

Deposits are refunded 6-8 weeks after your account is finalized, and a check will be mailed to your forwarding address. For anything in excess of the initial $150 deposit, after a year of good service, customers in good standing with no late payments, disconnects, or returned payments may request the balance of the deposit in excess of $150.

Starting and Stopping Service

Where is the Inframark office located?

The Inframark office is located at 1000 Old Mill Road and is open Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. It is closed weekends and holidays; please contact 512-246-0498 if you have a water emergency.

What do I need to do to start water service?

New residents must fill out a Residential Application and provide a government-issued photo identification. A $150 deposit and a $5 application fee are assessed on the customer’s first month’s utility bill. Service connection can be done Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 am – 2:00 pm with 24-hour notice required. No service is available on weekends or on holidays.

How do I stop service?

You can e-mail or contact 512-246-0498 to cancel your service. Providing a forwarding address will allow us to send the remainder of your security deposit to you.

How much notice do I need to give before starting/stopping services?

We require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. Please give ample notice for holidays and weekends, as our days of operation are Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., excluding holidays.

Water System

How is my water usage rate calculated?

Your water rate is calculated according to a tiered structure based on your water usage. Your bill also includes wastewater, trash pickup, and Fire Protection from the City of Cedar Park.

How is my sewer rate calculated?

The sewer rate is based on a 3-month consumption period. Once a year, Inframark averages water usage during December, January, and February to calculate your sewer charge for the year. If you experience a leak during winter averaging, contact Inframark at or 512-246-0498 for an adjustment.

What do I do if I have a leak?

If there is a leak on your property, please call a professional plumber to locate and correct the problem. If the leak was underground, you may be eligible for a leak adjustment. You must submit a copy of the plumber’s invoice within 6 months of the repair date to be eligible for an adjustment.

What do I do if a sprinkler is gushing or if there is a leak in a public space?

Email with a photo and/or the location of the leak, or call 512-246-0498.

Parks and Ponds

How do I reserve a Pavilion or park facility?

Visit the Parks Reservation section of our website at

What do I do if I think park equipment or a trail needs repair?

Email with a photo and/or the location of the problem area.

How do I sign up for a tennis membership?

You can download a membership application at Memberships are good for a year, and you will have access to the courts at Lakeline Oaks park and Anderson Mill West.

Who enforces park rules after-hours and on weekends?

Rules are enforced by our constables and sheriff's departments after-hours and on weekends.

Trash and Recycling

Who do I contact for trash and recycling services?

Residents of WTC MUD #1 receive trash and recycling services through Waste Management. Trash and recycling services are automatically started when you move into the District.

Who do I contact if my garbage/recycling/bulk trash was not collected?

Please e-mail Make sure your address is included in your e-mail.

What if my trash or recycling container gets damaged?

Please e-mail Your old container will need to be left at the curb for exchange; make sure it is out!

WTC MUD 1 Board of Directors

When are Board Meetings held?

Board meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. DRC meetings are held on the third Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Note that this schedule is subject to change, so check the calendar on the front page for details.

How do I contact Board members if I have a question or concern?

Visit for the Directors' e-mail contact information.

Main Office (Open Tues & Thur 7am - 4pm)
1000 Old Mill Road, Cedar Park, TX 78613
(512) 246-0498

© 2024 Williamson-Travis Counties MUD No. 1
Legal Notices & Disclaimers

Website provided by Touchstone
Dark ModeLight Mode